Collective Community Response to NSW Floods
Flood Support Waitlist
Are you a solo parent impacted by the NSW floods? Add your name to the waitlist as we gather community support.
Flood Appeal for NSW Solo Parents and Children
We are so incredibly sad to hear of the devastation occurring throughout the NSW community.
We have started a flood appeal to help as many solo-parent families rebuild their lives as we can.
We've focussed on solo parents as we feel they are a vulnerable group needing additional support to rebuild their lives.
However, in the hopes of balancing supply with demand, we are using a waitlist approach. We cannot guarantee you financial support. We're aiming to raise $1000 per family and are working our way through the queue. The more we raise, the more families we can help.
If you are in need, please check the eligibility criteria and add your name to the waitlist.
Who is this financial support for?
This is a community financial support initiative to help eligible solo parents in NSW who have lost their principal place of residence in the recent 2022 flooding.
If you answer YES to ALL of the following, please add your name to the waitlist:
1. Your principal place of residence is/was in one of the following Local Government Areas:
2. The flood caused major damage to your principal place of residence to the degree that it is no longer habitable or requires major repair before being habitable again.
3. You do not have insurance for the damage.
4. You are a low-income earner with limited financial resources and you do not own an alternative home.
5. You’re a principal carer of a child/children, meaning you have legal responsibility for the day-to-day care, welfare and development of the child/ren.
6. You are a single-parent, currently separated, who is not in a married or defacto relationship.
If you’ve lost your home and you’re not in a listed region above, please contact us so we can discuss options for you and your community - via firstname.lastname@example.org
**There will be no money retained for administration by us, nor by the fundraising platform we're using. This is about you and we're grateful to be able to help.