Modules in Detail
WEEK 1 - Infertility & IVF Counselling Support
Deepen your skills in responding to the multi-layered themes that arise in infertility and IVF counselling support.
- Case studies will be used to highlight these themes.
- Resources will be provided to further expand your in-session work.
WEEK 2 - Struggles with Parenthood
Learn how to identify likely key contributing factors when your client is not enjoying parenthood.
- Learn how to better enter the world of the client and find relevant meaning-making material.
- Explore and discuss available interventions, programs and groups to further address therapeutic needs, such as the couple dynamic and the role of play for the infant/parent connection.
WEEK 3 - Post-abortion Counselling
Post-abortion counselling is not for the faint-hearted.
- From a feminist framework, learn how to anchor the story in the pre-abortion decision making, engender client responsibility in the decision they made and help to map out the path forward.
- Case studies with common themes will be discussed and post-abortion resources offered.